Monday, August 29, 2011

Explaining "Bonuses"

As you may see from the 643 site, there are a lot of talks about bonuses. Excuse me, I mean +++BONUSES+++!!+!+!! 
You just have to love the Auction listing language. It's almost a separate dialect of English that includes a lot of exclamation marks and is mostly in capital letters :)

Well, the way I have gone about bonuses is by 1. Awarding bulk-buyers 2. Awarding users that do not receive a hit, usually x2 or more. In #1, I try to thank the users that buy more than 5 teams. I find that they are going to get a boat load of the cards anyway, but they are also paying the most. I find a team they like from their purchase and I will send out a card (or cards) from my personal collection from one of their teams. If that doesn't work, I will send out a 3-pack of 10-11 Black Diamond Hockey cards.

For #2, the poor soul without a hit, I randomize off 2 random prizes. Sometimes they are cards from my personal collection and sometimes they are 3-packs of 10-11 Black Diamond Hockey cards. I try to give the most I can so most people get something, but it might not happen every time because of the small number of cards in the products I have listed.

The #3 Wild-Card bonus is if a Penguins card is pulled. I usually dont list the Penguins as a team because I am a fan that is trying to build a small collection of cards. I know the team draws a lot, so I take the hit to not list them. Some may find it a little odd, but again, I'm not here to profit. I can prove that because if I pull a Penguins card, I always have a bonus lined up for the buyers. I try to either have some other packs I open on camera. Last time it was an Artifacts blaster box. This time, I have a Collector's Choice Blaster. I'm hoping for Penguins cards and I'm thinking the other buyers are as well due to the extra packs!

In the future I want to give out 1/2 or full refunds. Hopefully I get the guts to do that soon!

As always, I take all feedback on my bonuses as well as suggestions for bonuses!

STP40

No comments:

Post a Comment