Friday, October 21, 2011

Crazy Cup Hit

I broke my first tin of The Cup on Thursday night. It was pretty nice stuff. I know there are breakers doing cases at a time, and believe me, I wish I could do that because it was over pretty quick with only 6 cards in the box.

One card stuck out though. If you watched the break, then you know. It was a 1/1 Legendary Cuts of Charlie Conacher. Crazy hit. I had to do some research because I honestly didnt know who he was. It turns out he was a pretty important Toronto player from the 30's and 40's. He was the "Bobby Hull of hockey BEFORE Bobby Hull", one article proclaims!

Its pretty cool to see such history come alive in a simple pack of trading cards. I, myself, learned more about the history of a great hockey player and Hall of Famer, and Subterfuge was able to get a great card that he is going to really enjoy (as he said from an excited email). That's what it is all about. Learning about the past and passing it on to someone that will enjoy it. Ok, sappy bit is now over. Thanks again to everyone that bid on the teams!!

---
STP40
---

No comments:

Post a Comment